Here are some open questions I’m pursuing these days apart from my work.
Food and Nutrition
- What makes good food good? What are Lindy definitions of healthy food?
- The future of food delivery and decentralized kitchens; what is Zomato is doing wrong?
Cultures of food across the world, and how modernity is ruining the dinner-table.
How well does Taleb’s barbell strategy work for passive investors? Re-read Principles (Ray Dalio), Margin of Safety (Seth Klarman), Intelligence Investor (Benjamin Graham) to figure out how to start investing my money before I graduate from school. Side-stepping Indian regulation and owning crypto in India,
- Understanding the basics of econometrics and derivatives trading,
Learn the basics of accounting and personal finance.
- How do you create digital-first systems so that people don’t have to worry about their personal finance ever again?
- What constitutes modernity? What are the problems that it’ll bring? How do we as a society, or as an individual insulate ourselves from its effects?
- What about the West makes most other countries copy them? Why is it the cultural force that it is?
- Does the USA disproportionately contribute to the number of conspiracy theorists, cultists, and outlier “crazy” people on earth? If yes, what about America makes it so?
- How do you identify the “top” individuals early in their careers?
- Are large startups (E.g., Stripe) the perfect size to create new-age corporate-run cities?
- With independence very recent for many countries, how do you change the “neocolonialism” narrative around charter cities and make people welcome it?
- What makes good cities good? (Read Order without Design)
Biology & Evolution
- Read Origin of Species by Means of Natural Selection, or the Preservation of Favoured Races in the Struggle for Life (Charles Darwin),
- The intersection of evolutionary psychology with markets, arts, consumption, and the sustainability of civilization,
Evolutionary psychology – separating the noise (case in point, IQ) from the generally useful first-principles.
Law How do private equity deals work? What are the messy details that require a deal to be structured? Original-side civil and arbitration proceedings.
Data Science R/Python, Basics of Data Analysis, Visualisation, (Introduction to) Calculus, Probability & Statistics, Linear Regression Auditing Rafael Irizarry’s EdX course [Textbook]